Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Vegetarian Journey Thailand

Well I wanted to give ya'll an update on how my vegetarianism is goin out here in T-land.

Here's what I'm eating roughly 3x per day:

-mixed fruit (pineapple, mango, banana, watermelon)+yogurt+muesli
-Toast with butter and jam
-Tom Yum soup (tomato, onion, carrots, mushrooms, baby corn)
-Mixed salad (cucumber, tomato, shredded carrots, onions, oil and vinegar dressing)
-Pad Thai without egg (i am SO SICK of eggs!)
-Fries :( not healthy..but honestly sometimes I just need that home flavour!
-Mixed veg with ginger and rice
-Sushi!!! I discovered an awesome "night market" and lo and behold..a sushi cart!!!! Surprisingly, the Wasabi is not very potent here.. Weird eh?!

I haven't been eating a lot of curries lately b/c my stomach hasn't been feeling to well for the last week. So the variety is really slim, and I've been tempted to expand my vegetarianism into pescetarianism...but dude, I can't eat the fish! I just CAN'T..
I have def. been feeling a lack of nutrition here, there is virtually no options in terms of tofu, seitein, or Tempeh products. I really regret not bringing multi vitamins, and am afraid to take my iron supplement for fear of constipation..soooooo it's been tough- aint gonna lie.

I'm renting a scooter tomorrow, and maybe I can find an awesome Vegan/Vegetarian eatery where I can indulge in a delicious meal..
OMG all I want is a Veggie burger, Dragon Bowl Salad and coffee with soy milk from the greatest vegan restaurant ever-- MONDRAGON IN WINNIPEG!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment