Thursday, May 30, 2013

Koh Chang

We have found a great place to stay in Koh Chang called Siam Huts...we're paying 260 Baht for a BEACH FRONT hut...it is very minimal..so if you're looking for luxury- don't bother! 
It has a super comfy king size bed&mosquito net, a private bathroom, and a balcony with 2 chairs..

The common area consists of a giant deck overlooking the water, with table&chairs and little cushions and low tables..depending on your style ;) Music is playing throughout the day, and at night they roll out the giant projector screen to show Hollywood Blockbusters in English. (w/Thai subtitles) 
We've had one meal so far at the restaurant, and the portion of meat and veggies- or just veggies for my vegetarian self...is pretty small..whereas they give you a giant portion of rice..random?
The prices are pretty good for a restaurant..I paid 60 baht for mixed veg in sweet n sour sauce..
They have a bar as well..and on Friday nights there's apparently a big party with DJ and cheap 99 baht buckets...
Driving the scooters through town (200 baht for 24 hours) we noticed flyers for other parties..there's one tonight..so maybe we'll check that out?! The tiny little town near to our resort has everything you could really need..bars, laundry, restaurants, 7-11 etc..
We took our scooters up the island to White Sand Beach..and there are 2 other beach "towns" in between...the road goes from flat to OBSCENELY hilly...like nuts..I had a vice grip on my break..I went about 40 km/hr and it only took us 15-20 mins to go from here to there..We may stay here for a few days, and then try another place (if we find something better)

What are my complaints about our hut/resort? 
-The water pressure is abysmal..it literally drips out of the head..I was laughing out loud when I realized how long it would take me to rinse the shampoo out of my hair..
-There is no internet in the hut, which is understandable for 260 baht a night..but I do expect to have access to internet in the common area- which was not working today. So we walked 2 mins down the beach to the next resort called "Nature Beach"..and I am currently enjoying a Chang beer and free WIFI. ;) problem solved!

Koh Chang is officially our last stop before we head back to Bangkok before departing home..and I was thinking about how I would compare it to the other islands we have visited..so maybe I'll create a separate post rating each place we've visited on a scale?!!!

xox
PC

No comments:

Post a Comment